Did you know
- that less that 15% of editors on Wikipedia are women?
- that in India, this number is even lower- a meagre 3%?
- that this lack of involvement leads to us missing out learning about influential women whose stories are not being preserved.
Editathons are events where people come together to improve content on a specific topic on sites like Wikipedia.
Here’s a chance to increase the online visibility of Indian women artists. Join us online on 20th March, 10 am - 1: 30 pm.
You can contribute by
- editing/ creating pages
- adding images or linking pages
- translate pages into regional languages.
Participants will get an exclusive look at the women artists that are part of the JNAF collection and access to our library and resources. There will also be a training session on how to edit Wikipedia.
If you do not have a Wikipedia account, we recommend signing up before you attend the event.
Click here to watch a tutorial on how to edit Wikipedia.
Register for the event here
⚠️ IMPORTANT: Please do not begin editing without logging on to the Dashboard as we will not be able to track your contribution without the same.
Log on to the Dashboard here and begin contributing: https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/The_Heritage_Lab/The_Heritage_Lab_Art_and_Feminism_2021
Date and Time: March 20th, Online, 10 am - 1:30 pm
Open to all
Please bring your laptop and chargers to the event!